I was writing up new material for the women’s group coaching sessions I’ll be hosting this June,
The Right Path From A to B:
Moving from a Life Stuck in Abandonment
to One Empowered by Beauty,
when a client asked why anyone would want to do group coaching when personal, one-on-one coaching was available and so powerful. I raised my eyebrows and grinned a goofy grin!
The possibilities available to women in group coaching are amazing and exciting and present opportunities and connections that differ from one-on-one situations. I had to consciously step back and take a moment to organize my thoughts before gushing about the possibilities. Here’s some of what I explained to her and why women’s group coaching sessions may be such an exciting opportunity for you!
Benefits of Women’s Group Coaching Sessions:
- Cost: Let’s get this one out of the way up front! Quality, professional coaching can get expensive. Group coaching offers real results with prices that are do-able for most women willing to invest in themselves and their futures.
- Personal Space: Having time to express and find yourself is important! A well-run group establishes rules in the very first session that frees all members to participate. At the start of each of my group coaching sessions members are given the chance to share victories from the previous week. Each member ends the session by stating what she wants to be personally held accountable for. During the next meeting, she is given space to talk about that accountability, including what went well and challenges she faced.
- Accountability with Less Pressure: Each member of the group is expected to participate, but a good coach understands some members enjoy speaking out more than others. Respectful space is held while you gather thoughts and speak when you are ready. A quiet individual may get a lot out of group coaching as she listens to others in similar situations without feeling “put on the spot.” Virtual group coaching allows a small degree of anonymity so you can test your emerging self without the pressure of being “in front of” a group.
- Collective Wisdom: One of the challenges of abandonment, whether your husband walked out physically or emotionally, is the feeling of not knowing what to do next. Many women are stuck, unsure of how to take the next step or what that next step might look like. Hearing others in similar situations often gives you insight to your own life, opening doors you may not have noticed before. A group allows you to draw from and contribute to the collective wisdom of all of its members.
- Friendships & Connections: Abandonment shakes confidence, and friendships can change when relationships end. Time and finances, parenting and careers can rob women of the friendships they once enjoyed. Group coaching allows you to make new connections and form real friendships with others who understand. It also gives you freedom, opportunity, and confidence to explore ways to enrich personal connections. Group coaching holds you accountable while still giving you a soft place to land if your confidence is shaken.
- Organized Themes with Freedom to Explore: Each week a different theme is set for the group. This week you may discuss parenting; next week it may be home organization, starting a business, or something else. Themes provide direction so you can prepare questions that interest you and have confidence that comes from knowing what to expect. A good group coach is flexible within the topic to meet group needs allowing you to get answers to questions you need answered.
- Combined Energy Level: Exhaustion, overwhelm, and hopelessness are real factor in the lives of many busy women. Getting out of the bed some mornings can be difficult never mind taking the steps needed to get you where you’d like to be five years from now. Knowing you can rely on group members to encourage you boosts energy levels, builds confidence, and motivates you to keep going!
- Personal Coaching Sessions: A good coach wants to get to know her group members as individuals. She is honestly interested in the individual. My heart reaches out to women in transition in part because I’ve been there, and I know how it is to be stuck and uncertain. I also know there is real Hope and real Joy ahead when you commit to finding it. My passion is helping YOU move ahead from a life of Abandonment to one empowered by Beauty. I begin by meeting with each member in a personal, confidential setting for 30 minutes before the group meets as a whole. This gives you space to share your story and gives me an understanding of how to proceed.
- Free & Discounted on One-on-One Coaching: My group coaching sessions also give you an opportunity to schedule one free one-on-one session part way through to check your progress and redefine goals, but that’s not all I offer. I also offer incredible discounts for further one-on-one sessions if you should choose to continue coaching or decide at you’d like more one-on-one time. These discounts are only available to group members.
I hope you now see why I was SO excited about the prospects of group coaching and why I got that goofy grin when my client asked about it. While I will always advocate for individual coaching, I also really do see so many unique benefits in these group sessions. I hope you sign up for either my Tuesday evening or Saturday morning session moving you on The Right Path from A to B today!
If you need help moving from Abandonment to Beauty, if you are beyond the intense pain but just can’t seem to move ahead as quickly as you’d like, if you’re stuck, if something’s holding you back or robbing you of your Joy contact me.
Together, we will get you unstuck and propel you forward, and I bet you’ll even have fun doing it!